Leaving the UK?

Słownik tematyczny jezyka angielskiego, przydatne zdania, rozmowy po angielsku.

MężczyznaPostNapisane przez mattcookebbc » 19 mar 2009, 14:36 Leaving the UK?

Are you planning on leaving the UK - to return back to Poland? Do you live in Birmingham or Coventry? Would you like to take part in a pre-recorded TV interview with the BBC? If so then send me an email: matthew.cooke@bbc.co.uk

mattcookebbc
Przyczajony

Reputacja: 0
Neutralny

PostNapisane przez KA i PE » 19 mar 2009, 17:53 Re: Leaving the UK?

what is going to be the angle of your story? do you plan to cover the people who are leaving because the current economic climate is driving them back? or the ones who have earned enough and are going back because they don't need any more?
I think that this is a very sensitive subject, and if not covered carefully could hurt many. why don't you do a story about all the people who were the much needed agency workforce three or four years ago, and now when there is less demand for semi and unskilled labour they are discarded like surplus equipment. their stories can make a good film. many wait for work since Christmas, and aren't leaving because they want to, but because their refrigerators are somewhat empty. and their children, who just recently made a tremendous effort to learn a new language, assimilate with their classmates and adjust to local customs, now, mid year have to change schools and countries. or maybe you should do a programme about the ones who are fortunate enough to have 'permanent contracts' and fear going to work every day because they know that they will be discriminated, and someone will be watching their every step to find an excuse for disciplinary dismissal.

i truly doubt that you will find people who will want to cooperate, most of us have seen previous BBC productions about polish immigrants and are repelled by the thought of being in one.

all the best

PE

KA i PE

MężczyznaPostNapisane przez mattcookebbc » 9 kwi 2009, 08:15 Re: Leaving the UK?

I was hoping to speak to Polish people in the West Midlands to hear the kinds of stories you mentioned - I haven't been asked to tell a certain story or to find a certain kind of angle. I would still be keen to speak to someone who would be willing to talk about their experiences and to hear why they are leaving - and why. If anyone would like to take part in a pre-recorded 5 minute TV interview then please do get in touch. Please leave a message on this thread.

mattcookebbc
Przyczajony

Neutralny

MężczyznaPostNapisane przez Mike » 9 kwi 2009, 15:30 Re: Leaving the UK?

mattcookebbc napisał(a):to hear why they are leaving - and why

so you can miss them :mrgreen:
Ofrece tu sonrisa
No cuesta dinero
Intentalo!
Mike
Zadomowiony

Reputacja: 13
Neutralny

MężczyznaPostNapisane przez DjXeed » 15 kwi 2009, 19:16 Re: Leaving the UK?

why pre recorded? want to cut things u dont want us to tell LIVE? well i could do this if u fancy that, how much per hour?

DjXeed
Rozeznany

Reputacja: 3
Neutralny

MężczyznaPostNapisane przez Belmont » 10 maja 2009, 13:40 Re: Leaving the UK?

Only news broadcasts are live these days... Is it only specifically for the Polish or anyone from Eastern-Europe?

(Or was it -- I haven't looked at the dates.)
Belmont
Początkujący

Neutralny

Powrót do SŁOWNIK